HANDICRAFT WORKSHOP Siem Reap, Cambodia
At our Lotus Farm in Siem Reap, you can make your own handicraft workshop using all the part of the valued lotus flower.
THE SACRED LOTUS
Nelumbo nucifera also knows as the sacred lotus was domesticated in South East Asia about 7,000 years ago and has been grown not only for its cultural and ornamental value, but also for the medicinal uses and for its edible seeds and rhizomes. More than 3000 hectares of this sacred lotus are now growing in Cambodia. Samatoa wants to get the best value of this amazing flower although its primary focus is the lotus textile manufacture.
MAKE YOUR OWN HANDICRAFT WORKSHOP in Siem Reap:
LOTUS DISCOVERY – ONE HOUR – 20 USD/PAX
- Fold your Lotus Flowers
- Make your own Lotus Paper
- Create your own Lotus Yarn bracelet
- Make your own Lotus Seeds Mala
- Create own Lotus Meditation Wicks
- Make your own Lotus Incenses sticks
LOTUS DISCOVERY – TWO HOURS – 35 USD/PAX
- Visit Lotus Field
- Make your own Craft Lotus Paper
- Create your own Lotus Yarn Bracelet
- Make your own handicraft Lotus Seeds Mala
- Create your own Lotus Meditation Wicks
- Make your own handicraft Lotus Incenses
- Fold Lotus Flower
LOTUS DISCOVERY PACKAGE -HALF DAY – 50 USD/PAX
- Visit Lotus Field
- Make your own Lotus Teas
- Create your own Lotus Paper
- Make your own Lotus Yarn Bracelet
- Create your own handicraft Lotus Seeds Mala
- Make your own Lotus Meditation Wicks
- Create your own Lotus Incense Sticks
- Make your own handicraft Lotus Soap
- Create your own Lotus Cake
- Fold Lotus Flower
DISCOVER ALL OUR HANDICRAFT WORKSHOPS in Siem Reap:
VISIT LOTUS FIELD and learn about the Lotus Flower.
HANDICRAFT WORKSHOP 1: Learn and make your own LOTUS YARN BRACELET
HANDICRAFT WORKSHOP 2: Make your own LOTUS MEDITATION WICKS
HANDICRAFT WORKSHOP 3: Create your own NATURAL LOTUS INCENSE
Spiritual significance: Incense is a big part of Eastern cultures, especially for Buddhist families who light the sticks to honor Gods and loved ones.
They are composed of the dried powdered bark of a non-scented species of cinnamon native to Cambodia, Cinanamomum Cambodianum.
It helps meditate, elevate mind, go furher in spirituality , get inspired, improve awareness.
In Buddhism, it is a way to communicate with the other side as ancestors and gods.
HANDICRAFT WORKSHOP 4: Make your own LOTUS SEEDS MALA
Spiritual significance: wearing lotus seeds promotes a spiritual sense in us although we may not experience or realize it initially. It reminds us to maintain peace and purity through all obstacles and distractions throughout the day and life journey in general. One should chant any mantra on the lotus mala early in the morning. It is one of the best meditation practices in the world.
If you focus on specific goals or struggle to find inner peace from external distractions then lotus seeds are perfect for you.
HANDICRAFT WORKSHOP 5: Create your own LOTUS PAPER
HANDICRAFT WORKSHOP 7: FOLD LOTUS FLOWER
HANDICRAFT WORKSHOP 8: Learn and make TRADITIONAL LOTUS TEA
Go to the field and care lotus flower to get the best flagrance of tea.
History tells us that Asian emperor used to love the smell of lotus flower. To satisfy him, servants were told to go onto the nearby lake to place some loose leaves of tea in lotus flowers. They were used to nail them to keep them closed at night. The next morning, delivered from its holy jail, steamed tea was impregnated with all the delicate flagrance of the lotus. Then it was serve to the Emperor.
ALL PRICES INCLUDED:
- Material and equipment required for the activities
- Guided visit of the lotus textile production and the other used if the lotus flower
- Lotus tea and lotus fruits tasting
- Fresh water
- Participants own their craft and can bring it home.
Book your handicraft workshop in Siem Reap 24H in advance
By Phone: +8126.96.36.19901
Or By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We can organize pick up in Siem Reap center, in front of Raffles Grand Hotel: 1, vittei, Charles de gaule, 17000 Siem Reap, Cambodia