Lotus vegan leather samples
- VL001: Pattern 400g / 1.8 mm, waterproof, NATURAL
- VL002: Plain 400g / 1.8 mm, waterproof, NATURAL
- VL003: Pattern 270g / 1 mm, waterproof, NATURAL
- VL004: Plain 270g / 1 mm, waterproof, NATURAL
- VL005: Pattern 400g / 1.8 mm, absorbent, GREEN
- VL006: Plain 400g / 1.8 mm, absorbent, BLACK
- VL007: Pattern 270g / 1 mm, absorbent, GREEN
- VL008: Plain 270g / 1 mm, absorbent, BLACK
- VL003: Pattern 400g / 1.8 mm, waterproof, PINK
- VL008: Plain 270g / 1 mm, absorbent, PINK
We can dye any color requested with a heavy-metal-free dyeing (Dystar), Oeko-Tex certified.
Size of each swatch: 10cm x 10cm.
Price includes shipping costs.
Exceptional non-plastic faux leather properties:
- Light weight
- Soft touch
- Especially breathable
- Wrinkle resistant
- Pilling resistance
- Tearing and tensile strength
A social and environmental commitment
While a environmentally responsible process, the product is competitive in price with plastic microfiber alternatives. However, it is entirely natural, vegan, organic and fully biodegradable.
First, Lotus Microfiber Leather is plant based and plastic-free, 100% biodegradable and organic. It address key environmental and social issues at each stage of the value chain process. Furthermore, the development of raw fibers utilizes wastes and up-cycled materials. Then it provides a real solution to environmental concerns.
Then, Lotus microfiber leather generates less than 2 kg CO2 per ton produced compared to virgin polyester, which generates 10 kg CO2. It requires 100 times less water than virgin polyester, 150 times less than organic cotton. The manufacturing process ensures dependable employment opportunities for women in rural areas and long-term economic empowerment.
Although they might avoid the animal welfare issues, Vegan leather are typically made from plastics. As polyurethane, they are not environmental friendly and not safe for our health. Even plant based leather usually uses plastics. Some company work on lab-grow collagen or leather made from mushroom, those aren’t widely available and take long time to process.